Looking for somewhere new to visit with your group? Try Chicago! There’s lots to see and do that teens will enjoy in the Windy City:
- Skydeck – See the amazing 4-state, 50+ mile view from the top of the tallest building in the Western Hemisphere or step out onto the Ledge – glass boxes extending 4.3 feet out from the Skydeck. The Ledge should satisfy any adrenaline-rush cravings for the teens in your group. Yikes!
- Millennium Park (pictured) – Amazing collection of architecture, landscape design and art that serve as a backdrop for concerts, exhibitions, tours, and other activities.
- Wrigley Field – See a Chicago Cubs game or take a tour of the legendary ballpark.
- Six Flags Great America – filled with awesome roller coasters and other high-adrenaline rides, always a great youth outing.
- Moody Church – visit the famous, beautiful and acoustically near-perfect church founded by famed evangelist Dwight L. Moody.
- Navy Pier – recreation facility located on Lake Michigan. Includes a boardwalk with fifty acres of restaurants, shops, theaters, parks, gardens and much more.
- Magnificent Mile – North Michigan Avenue has over 400 shops. Your teens will be in heaven! Set your group loose and see what they find whether it be cool clothes, fun souvenirs or delicious snacks.
- 360 CHICAGO Observation Deck (formerly John Hancock Observatory) – get a great view of the city from 1,000 feet above the Magnificent Mile.
- Field Museum – Boasts the world’s largest and most complete T-Rex skeleton as well as collections of over 24 million natural history specimens and objects. Many permanent exhibitions, from the earliest fossils to past and current cultures around the world to interactive programming about today’s urgent conservation needs. Also offers a temporary exhibition program of traveling shows.
- Museum of Science and Industry – Largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere, with more than 35,000 artifacts and 400,000 square feet of hands-on experiences designed to spark scientific inquiry and creativity. Includes an exhibit revealing the science behind storms – some of nature’s most powerful phenomena, as well as the U-505 Submarine – the only German U-boat in the United States.
- Shedd Aquarium – awesome exhibits like Komodo Dragons and various shark species. Offers cool animal encounters like beluga whale encounters or shark-feeding tours, and your group can also arrange to spend the night at the aquarium.
- Soldier Field – Home of the Chicago Bears
- Lake Michigan – spend a day at the beach or take a cruise
- Great dining
- Art galleries
- Tour the city by cable car, boat, walking or bike
- Numerous beautiful parks.
Want to plan a trip to Chicago and need help? Call us Toll Free: 866-758-9309 or Local Office: 972-618-4613.
For ideas on planning a Choir Tour to Chicago check out http://gosummitquest.com/choir-tour-ideas-try-chicago/.
Featured image by LFranks via pixabay.com.